Google+ Cave Food Kitchen: Keto Fudge balls

Keto Fudge balls

After trying this recipe, I must say it has become a new household favorite , and it is super low in carbs!?! How is this possible??
The awesome thing about keto is that you can incorporate dairy products that are higher in fat, so I can stay true to my Dutch roots.
This recipe is quite simple, but can be a bit messy (well, it was in my case)


150 gr cream cheese
2 tsp. Sukrin
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Optional:
crushed nuts
desiccated coconut

Let the cream cheese soften a bit at room temperature, then mix in the cocoa powder and Sukrin (erythritol). Put it back in the fridge to get colder again (up to an hour)
Scoop out a portion of the mixture, and roll it into a ball in the palms of your hands (the messy part)
On a separate plate, sprinkle either crushed nuts or coconut and roll the ball in it until fully covered. I got about 8 balls out of this. Delicious!





* Note about erythritol: personally, I find it the best tasting sweetener out there, but since it's a sugar alcohol, use it sparingly. If you are on a strict keto diet, this stuff could kick you out of ketosis. 




Kick the Weight with Keto eBook
50% off with code EFLF20





2 comments:

  1. I just tried these with whipped cream cheese, a packet of sugar-free cocoa mix and some unsweetened coconut. They turned out amazing and only about 1.5 carbs (at the most) each! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I can't make them too often, otherwise i will keep eating them!

    ReplyDelete