Google+ Cave Food Kitchen: Coconut Crust Quiche

Coconut Crust Quiche


UpgradedSelf.comWhile I was making my apple pie the other day, I figured I could just as easily make a savory version as well! Before I went wheat-free, quiches were a favorite in our household, although they were usually the pre-made kind, so loaded with ingredients that have crazy names.



So, Sunday was quiche day. The approach would be the same as the apple pie, just a few alterations.


Ingredients crust:

1 cup of coconut flour (about 140 grams)
3 eggs
pinch of salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
black pepper
1/4 cup butter, soft (or ghee)
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted

Mix all of the ingredients together, the dough will be a bit dry and crumbly. Line a springform pan with the dough (I used a pan that is 20cm in diameter)

The filling

In a bowl, mix your favorite quiche ingredients together: [not all paleo]


8 eggs
1 onion, chopped & cooked
dried chives
2 tomatoes, chopped
pepper
[1/2 cup shredded cheese]
bacon, chopped 
pinch of salt

Simply pour the mix in the pan, and bake in the oven on 180C (350F) for about 45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment