Google+ Cave Food Kitchen: Psyllium Coconut Flour Rolls

Psyllium Coconut Flour Rolls

Since the beginning of my paleo journey I've always been interested in finding a good "bread" recipe. Not one  that kinda comes close, but one that really rocks. 
But as time went on, I realized I didn't really need bread that much anymore. 
Nonetheless, this recipe is a must! 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (70 gr) coconut flour
5 tbsp (10 gr) psyllium husk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
8 egg whites
1 cup of boiling water

(Apparently, you can use 4 whole eggs as well, but the dough will not rise as much in the oven.)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the egg whites and fork it all through.
Optional: whisk the egg whites a bit.

Last, add the boiling water and again, mix well with a fork.

The "dough" becomes fluffy and light, so try not to squeeze it too much when making the rolls.

You can make the dough into various shapes, but I usually make 4-6 balls, place them on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven on 180C (350F) for about 55 minutes

This is by far the best recipe I've ever tried! They come out really nice and taste amazing. 

Nutritional info here.

Make sure you also try my other psyllium bread recipe found here.
Looking for psyllium seed powder (not husk?) Find it here.




with cashew butter

No comments:

Post a Comment